The following protocols will be in place for the entirety of the Championships. All participants should check back regularly for any updates to these WBF protocols. Updates will be clearly shown with the date of publication. NBOs, players and officials are responsible for informing themselves of all relevant WBF, national and international regulations and requirements.
As at 23 December 2021 the information is as follows:
- Entry regulations (including vaccinations) in force in Italy at the time will obviously have to be respected. Click here to go to the website for this information. Ensure that you are familiar with the section relating to exemptions which can be found here
These links are provided for convenience. They are to a site run by the Italian Government and it should be noted that the regulations may change, so NBOs and participants are advised to check on a regular basis.
- Face masks properly covering both nose and mouth must be worn at all times by all persons in the playing area.
- Only players lined up for the match, NPCs, operating staff and authorized officers will be able to access the venue. No spectators will be permitted at any time.
- All those entering the playing area (see item 3 above) will have their temperature checked. If this indicates an elevated temperature they will not be permitted to enter the area, and must isolate and submit to the required controls in force in Italy.
- If during playing time anyone displays any symptoms of malaise, potentially attributable to Covid, they must isolate and submit to the required controls in force in Italy.
- At the end of each session everyone must leave the venue to allow the necessary cleansing operations by the operations staff (time required expected to be no more than ten minutes).
- Special playing-tables of 1.50 sq meters with special screens and lower dividers will be used.
- Full sets of boards at each table, so cards are only touched by one player.
- Bidding boxes and Bridgemates (also only touched by one player) will be changed every session through the event.
- Increased space between tables, expected to allow 25 sq meters per table.
- No Opening Ceremony, Vu-graph or other such gatherings. Welcome at the Captains meeting (accessible only to Captains and authorised personnel). Prize-giving with the medallists and authorised persons only present and broadcast.
- Concerning security, for the first time all tables will be monitored by cameras and recorded.