Registering a pair or a team for the World Bridge Series
In order to register a player, there are four main steps you need to take, but also please read the advisory notes at the bottom of this page:
- Registering for the Events you want to play in: click here to go to the registration page and make your registration for whichever events you wish to play in.
You will see that you can register for the Main Championship Teams (the Rosenblum, McConnell, Rand and Mixed) from one drop down and for the Tournament Teams events from the other. The same applies to the Pairs events – the Open, Women’s, Senior and Mixed Pairs are on one drop down list, and the Tournament Pairs events on the other. Please be careful to register for the right one.
NOTE that when you register you ONLY need to type your surname – you don’t need event to put in your country or your member code. Just your last name, then click find player(s) and it will find you !
- If you cannot find your name, please check to see if you are registered in the WBF Database – you will need to be registered before you can enter any of the events, whether they are the Championship or Tournament events. Click here to check
If you are NOT registered, then please download and complete the registration email form and return it by email either to the address on the form or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the registration is done – which may take up to two or three days – you will receive an acknowledgement and can then go to stage two and register for the Championship itself.
- Make sure you keep the email that acknowledges your entry as it will be required should you wish to make any changes.
- Sending in a commitment form – you will not be permitted to play if we do not have your completed and signed commitment form: Once your registration for the events is made, please ensure that you, your partner and your team mates, including any NPC or Coach accompanying the team, download, print, complete and sign (with your own hand-written signature please) the Participants Commitment form then either scan or photograph it – all three pages please – and email it to email@example.com .
- Your photograph for your badge: If you have not already sent a photograph of yourself for a previous WBF Championship, you will need to provide one to be used on your badge. A “selfie” is fine – it should be head and shoulders and can be taken with a smartphone but please make sure it is in focus and a reasonable picture – email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you use a phone and are emailing it from the phone it may ask you what size you want to send it at and give you a choice of three or four. Normally using the “large” option is just fine.
- Check the WBF Anti-Doping regulations and make sure that you apply for an Exemption Certificate if you are taking any prohibited medication. This is extremely important if you are playing in the Rosenblum, McConnell or Mixed Teams or the Open, Women’s or Mixed Pairs. The certificate MUST be applied for by 20th August please.
- Dropping into the pairs events from the teams: If you plan to enter the teams and then drop in to the pairs please check the drop-in information available by clicking here
- Payment can be made in advance – please click here for details. Payment can also be made on site either in cash (US$) or by credit card, also in US$. Players are encouraged to make payment in advance in order to facilitate their entry at the Championship Site. Please make sure that the reference contains either your team name or, in the case of a payment for pairs, the name of at least one of the two players. Print your bank receipt and bring it to the Championships to ensure we can trace the payment.
- Check the Conditions of Contest for the Championships and the various policies including the WBF Systems Policy
- Complete a WBF Convention Card: Make sure you have downloaded and completed the WBF Convention Card and that you bring copies of it to the Championship as you will need to have them at the table for your opponents. Please note that you cannot create the card on a Mac using numbers or pages as it will not print properly – you will need to use Word or Excel, Information about the Card, together with templates in Word and Excel and a Guide to Completion can be found by clicking here
The World Bridge Federation very much looks forward to welcoming you to Orlando for what we are sure will be an exciting, challenging and very enjoyable Championship.