Registering a pair or a team for the World Bridge Series
In order to register a player, there are four main steps you need to take, but also please read the advisory notes at the bottom of this page:
- First thing to check is whether you are registered in the WBF Database. If you have played in a previous European or World Championship then you will be registered, but if you wish to check then please click here
If you are NOT registered, then please download and complete the registration email form and return it by email either to the address on the form or to email@example.com. Once the registration is done – which may take up to two or three days – you will receive an acknowledgement. You will receive an acknowledgement when the registration in the database has been done and can then proceed with your registration to the event(s) you will to play in.
- Once you (and of course your partner and/or team mates) are registered, please go to : http://db.worldbridge.org/Repository/tourn/orlando.18/microSite/Participants.htm and make your registration for whichever events you wish to play in. Make sure you keep the email that acknowledges your entry as it will be required should you wish to make any changes.
- Once your registration for the events is made, please ensure that you, your partner and your team mates, including any NPC or Coach accompanying the team, download, print, complete and sign (with your own hand-written signature please) the Participants Commitment form then either scan or photograph it – all three pages please – and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Note that if this is not done you will not be able to participate in the event.
- If you have not already sent a photograph of yourself for a previous WBF Championship, you will need to provide one to be used on your badge. A “selfie” is fine – it should be head and shoulders and can be taken with a smartphone but please make sure it is in focus and a reasonable picture – email it to email@example.com. If you use a phone and are emailing it from the phone it may ask you what size you want to send it at and give you a choice of three or four. Normally using the “large” option is just fine.
- If you plan to enter the teams and then drop in to the pairs please check the drop-in information available by clicking here
- Payment can be made in advance – please click here for details. Payment can also be made on site either in cash (US$) or by credit card, also in US$. Players are encouraged to make payment in advance in order to facilitate their entry at the Championship Site. Please make sure that the reference contains either your team name or, in the case of a payment for pairs, the name of at least one of the two players. Print your bank receipt and bring it to the Championships to ensure we can trace the payment.
- Note the WBF Anti-Doping Rules
- Check the Conditions of Contest for the Championships and the various policies including the WBF Systems Policy
- Make sure you have downloaded and completed the WBF Convention Card and that you bring copies of it to the Championship as you will need to have them at the table for your opponents. Information about the Card, together with templates in Word and Excel and a Guide to Completion can be found by clicking here
The World Bridge Federation very much looks forward to welcoming you to Orlando for what we are sure will be an exciting, challenging and very enjoyable Championship.