As previously announced, in Orlando the hands were pre-dealt using the new WBF protocol.
Upon publishing the original codes used to generate them, I need to specify the following:
The protocol was used to generate:
- All the hands of the Rosenblum, with the exception of the two hands used in a tie-break
- All the hands of the Open Pairs with the exception of Final B
- Some hands of the Women and Senior Pairs, with the exception of:
- Women’s Semi Final A
- Seniors’ Semi Final B
- Women and Seniors Final A
- All the hands of the Mixed Teams with two exceptions
- one hand used in a tie-break
- board 15 (the first one) of the last quarter of the Final and Play-Off
- All the hands of the Mixed Pairs with the exception of Final B
As for the tie-breaks, this happened because the situation had not been foreseen (mistakenly).
As for board 15 of the Mixed Teams Final, because due to a wrong boards handling, the original hand was shown on BBO before the third quarter, so becoming unusable.
As for Women’s and Seniors pairs, because there was the need (due to the low number of entries) of using a movement incompatible with the original sets of boards.
With rare exceptions, all the boards played in the side events were also generated on the spot.
The actual hand records for each session can be found on the results pages – go to the ranking for any specific round of the teams or session of the pairs and the hand records are linked the bottom of the relevant page.
Maurizio Di Sacco